My US colleagues gave their E3 predictions last week. Here are mine.
Before I start, I feel obliged to tell you I’m writing this post on Friday before I jet off to LA for the show. If any leaks happened between then and now, bear in mind I didn’t have the benefit of that knowledge when making these predictions.
1. Hideo Kojima will appear on stage at the Microsoft press conference.
2. But his new game will also be announced for PS3.
3. Sony will not reveal a slim PS3, nor announce a PS3 price drop.
4. But they will showcase a re-designed, UMD-less PSP.
5. Nintendo goes MotionPlus mad unveiling a host of new first and third-party games supporting the accessory.
6. Shigeru Miyamoto will dust off his Link outfit to show off a Wii Zelda title.
7. He also demonstrates Pilotwings for Wii, another MotionPlus-only game.
8. Microsoft announces a raft of social networking features for Xbox Live.
9. A Halo MMO is teased, but no gameplay is shown nor genuine details given.
10. Activision offers Xbox 360 gamers the exclusive Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer beta.
11. Gran Turismo 5 is given a 2009 release date – at least for Japan and North America.
12. Both Sony and Microsoft will tie up at least one third-party title as a timed exclusive.
13. Half-Life 2: Episode 3 is renamed simply Half-Life 3 and sweeps the Game of Show awards.
Lucky 13, I hope. How’d you rate my predictions?