raised $US1,895,772 via KickstarterShadowrunShadowrun Returns
This should completely wash the bad taste of that first-person shooter from the mouths of fans everywhere. Isometric adventure that shifts into turn-based tactics in combat situations is the perfect formula for replicating a group of runners up to relative no-good.
I’ve watched the whole thing twice now, and it keeps getting better every time I see it. Some highlights include the following:
• stat-based decisions in conversations
• talking your way out of a fight — or not
• riggers being useful for once
• shamanic summoning is amazing and dangerous
• magic-enhancing ley lines as special places to stand — perfect
• the Rigger paralysed on the ley line spot — not so useful
I am incredibly pleased. I may have missed out on backing the game during the Kickstarter launch (I could have sworn I did), but I’m going to make up for it by preordering right now.