If you'd like to see what the Destiny 2 beta has in store, but if you didn't pre-order the game, no worry. We're playing the game live, and you can follow along and ask all the questions you'd like.
The stream is finished now, but you can rewatch the video below. It covers a few games of Crucible (both modes) as well as a full strike, complete with me getting smashed by a earth cutter a few times in a row.
Interesting things that stuck out:
- The Titan seems a lot slower than Destiny 1. Noticeably, actually, although that could be a case of just being used to high level gear for a long period.
- Control is locked to the Quickplay mode, while Countdown is in the competitive, listed as a "high intensity" mode.
- The final Strike boss has three main phases, which aren't too bad. Should be fun to redo a few times with friends at a minimum, and dodging the earth cutter beforehand is a neat little puzzle the first time around.
- Hand cannons seem like they have less recoil, although that could just be the one I had equipped.
- The radar is much harder to see this time around. It's less opaque which means you don't notice the red prompt as quickly as you otherwise would. Something to watch out for when you're playing Crucible over the next few nights.
Worth noting that Destiny 2 will go into an open beta over the weekend for consoles. PC players - you'll have to wait until next month. Sorry.
So that's it. Other than the fact that I'd totally forgotten what Crucible is like when you don't have a gun you're comfortable with - Battlegrounds is not good for your Destiny aim - what do you think of the beta so far?