Very few games get full-blown expansions 10 years after release, yet here we are and Titan Quest, the much-loved 2006 action RPG from Iron Lore just received a boatload of new content in the form of Titan Quest: Ragnarok. The expansion came out earlier this month and going by user reviews, it's well worth checking out.
Borrowing from Celtic mythology, the expansion ups the level limit to 85 and adds a new mastery called Runemaster. Though the new mastery actually adds more than it sounds, as a character in Titan Quest can select two and combine their abilities.
Here's the full list of new features, courtesy of the product page:
- New story act with dozens of new quests
- Brave the realms of the Celts, the Northmen and the Asgardian gods in the largest act to date
- Revisit the other acts to find new items and secrets
- New 10th Mastery
- Become a Runemaster, a magical warrior fighting with both, spells and weapons
- Combine newly learned with existing masteries for a total of 45 combinations
- New experience curve
- Reach level 85 and maximize your character’s potential
- New weapons and gear
- Find new and powerful gear, from colorful Celtic shields to famous weapons of Germanic legend.
- New relics and charms for crafting, and a new option to improve even legendary items.
- New thrown weapons strike the balance between range and speed!
- New Enemies and bosses
- From the denizens of Germany’s dark forests to the forces of Asgard itself.
- Improved character customization
- A wider variety of regional styles and color dyes
- Finally: wear pants!
- Technical and QOL improvements
- New shaders and graphical effects
- Improved ragdoll physics
- Improved UI and combat feedback for total information
- Improved control customization
- Improved modding tools
The expansion comes in at $US19.99 and requires the Anniversary Edition to play, fortunately, the latter is on sale for $US3.99.
Titan Quest: Ragnarok [Steam]